Summer is officially here! Today is the 2018 summer solstice and, to celebrate, we’re sharing a tutorial on how to make chic sun hats! Whether you’re heading to a pool party, going to a music festival, or jetting off to the beach for a weekend with your girls, these custom hats will keep you feeling (and looking) cool in the summer sun! 😎☀️
- basic sun hat
- pencil or marker
- glue gun & glue sticks
- string or ribbon of your choice
Pick a fun phrase for each hat or make a matching set for your whole squad – these are perfect for bridal showers and bachelorette get aways!
Practice writing out your phrase on paper before tracing it out on your hat & use a thicker, round piece of twine or yarn for easier application.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Pick a fun phrase & carefully write it out in pencil on the brim of your sun hat
- Once your glue gun is warmed up, begin tracing your writing with it, applying the glue to small sections only (this prevents the glue from hardening before you attach the string)
- Immediately apply your string to the section you just traced with glue and press lightly to secure – be careful not to touch the hot glue directly!
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 until you have traced out your whole phrase
- Clean off any stray bits or strands of glue
- Repeat steps 1-5 until you have enough hats for your squad for instant fun in the sun
☀️ The possibilities are limitless with these fun, customizable sun hats! Want more DIY video tutorials? Tell us what you want to see next in the comments below or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org! ☀️